INTRO

Ok, I feel like I have some explaining to do. Should we feel sheepish about starting a blog? Well I can assure you we do. However, after some talk with freinds we've been encouraged to write our shallow, sometimes obvious, but occaisionally intelligent observations on this blog. We write mostly about the Utah Jazz, since that is our major interest, but other stuff too.

Sean and Jake

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Jazz-Lakers Questions

I just have a few questions about game 1:

-How did Carlos Boozer manage to shoot 0 free throws?

-Why? Why? Why? Does Kobe Bryant jut out his jaw like that?

I think I have the answers as well:

-Carlos Boozer's worst enemy, and arch nemesis in the league is Pau Gasol. My personal opinion is that he has blocked so many of Booze's shots that it starts to affect the way he plays. How do you take it up strong with confidence against a guy who is constantly blocking your shot, or altering it into a shot you don't want to take? Boozer shooting 0 free throws is a result of this. He is not confident to take it up right at Gasol, and potentially draw a foul. I honestly can't blame him. If I kept getting owned every time I shot the ball, eventually I would stop taking it up when that guy was on me. The same can be said for Paul Millsap. Does it seem like Gasol or Odom or Bynumm block every single potential layup we get? Many times flat-footed. Combine this with the fact the referees either consciously or subconsciously know this, and swallow their whistles when Booze or Millsap goes up, and the result is 0 free throws. If the Jazz are gonna win this series Booze and Millsap have to figure out how to score inside over Gasol. He's not Dwight Howard. He's just in their heads.

-The reason Kobe does that overbite thing with his Jaw is simple; he is a douche. The guy wants attention. (Much like Lebron in my previous post with his elbow) Here is the bad thing, it is working. I have already read several articles or broadcasts where the author/journalist mentions that when Kobe starts doing that with his jaw it means it is crunch time and he is stepping it up. Are you kidding me? That is exactly why he does it. That is not a natural thing to do. I tried it. In fact, just sitting here alone in my living room, I tried to make a scowl like Kobe's while sticking out my lower jaw, and I felt really stupid. One espn guy said that when Kobe does that, watch out, because it means he is really focused and trying his hardest. So the whole game he hasn't been? You think he remembers Jordan's tongue thing, and all the little kids imitating him? Enough Kobe, stop with the jaw thing, please. My sister-in-law Brittany said it best; "Don't hurt the Butterfly King, his under bite might get you." She is referring to the tattoo on his arm. We thought it was a crown, turns out is is 3 butterflies, no joke.
Sean

3 comments:

  1. I was really impressed with the second half of that game. The Jazz just kept hanging in there, then just like you would want, they made a fourth quarter run to put themselves into a position to win the game. We came up a little short. If CJ's 3 falls with 1:30 left, and Bozzer gets that rebound that Odom came up wiht somehow I think we come away with the W. But just like in any close game, it comes down to 1 or 2 plays. But against the Lakers, if we can hang in there, we can win a couple, maybe 3 gamnes against them down the stretch. I thought the refs were not consistent at all. They would give calls to the Lakers for the littlest bit of contact. The Jazz would go hard to the whole and get nothing. Boozer was getting frustrated, and rightfully so. I think he played pretty aggressive and am proud of his game. But he does need to get to the free throw line. The Lakers height hurts our bigs so much. I think we are a big, tall, good center away from being able to compete better with LA. I also want to give props to CJ Miles this game. He was attacking the basket all game long, and it helped a lot. He is maturing right before our eyes. His defense and passing, I think, are his weaknesses, but his offense game is coming along nicely. It was a good game, if we can keep LA to 40-45 percent shooting, and rebound better, we have a chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with your reason for Kobe Jutting out his Jaw. Here is my theory... Remeber Pau is from Spain and because of that he still hasn't quite caught on to the idea of deoderant. so by the time the 4th quarter of a close game comes around Pau Stinks!! Kobe is jutting out his jaw so he can smell his breath instead of the stench of Pau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you hit the nail on the head about kobe s jaw thing. He certainly is a douche and the only people who disagree are the self proclaimed "fans" of the lakers, who quite frankly couldn't name you another player on the team other than maybe gasol. Granted i don't live in L.A. but all the laker fans I do know don't watch a single game all year and really have no idea what's going on out there on the hardwood floor. They are mostly all ignorant douche's, and there for fans of kobe bryant.

    ReplyDelete